“This year help me see the open doors that lie beyond my fears. Help me to believe in that still small voice that whispers me towards my dreams. Let my newly found light of awareness become a beacon for those who hesitate in the wings.”
I received this on a birthday card just 11 days ago. I think it stands so true to what I hope for myself this year. I’m planning on framing the card so that I can see it each day. Unfortunately, I cannot give credit to the one who wrote this. On the bottom of the card, there is a signature-one that I cannot make out. The first letter is an R and the last a W. That’s all I can read! I just know the card came from a small studio in Asheville, NC.
And for my 2011 new year resolutions…
1. No texting and driving. Yes, I’m guilty of this, but it WILL stop.
2. Take my camera along to take more personal photos. Before I started this business, I always had my small point-and-shoot with me. I had so many photos of my friends and family, but now I find myself leaving my camera behind. It’s not that I don’t want pictures of where I’m going and what I’m doing, but I think the size and weight of my camera prevents me from taking it. I don’t really like the idea of carrying my huge camera bag with me everywhere. So my goal is to take my camera and ONE lens with me, not all of my lenses and not my flash, just a small amount.
3. Get organized. Super organized.
4. Go to the Y at least 3 days a week.
5. Eat healthier —> consume less sugar
Happy January 1st, everyone!
Join the list to hear of print sales, upcoming availability, stories from our lives with our 3 children, parenthood, and the ebbs & flows of entrepreneurship
heartwarming & joyful
stories of life & business
Join the list
Your message has been sent. We'll be in touch shortly.