If you’re planning a wedding, you’re inevitably going to have to decide where you’re getting ready. And if you’re getting married in near downtown Indy, you’re lucky, because these spots are what we think are the three best getting ready locations in Indianapolis!!
A few things to consider when you’re choosing your getting ready location:
- Until I became a photographer, I had no idea what was “good light,” and good light is key to amazing photographs, especially during the getting ready portion of the wedding day. When you’re looking for a great space for getting ready, look for a large space with huge windows that allow light to come in (preferably north-facing or west-facing in the mornings), unencumbered by landscaping, trees, or overhangs.
- Select a room that is large enough for your wedding party to all hang out together in the morning! Suites are great!
- Get a room for two nights so that you can utilize it for getting ready AND have a beautiful space for you two to spend your wedding night!
- Choose a space that has beautiful indoor locations, too, in the event of rain!
- Choose a space that has great outdoor locations nearby!
- Make sure both the guys and the girls get ready in the same hotel. This allows for much less stress the morning of, and it also will allow you to get more photographs because we can go back and forth. This also allows for some flexibility if the hair & makeup timeline is a little behind because we can go to the guys and get some of their portraits done, too, instead of just waiting around!
Location 1: The Columbia Club
The Columbia Club is so gorgeous. There’s tons of natural light & white walls, which means you’re going to get those light, bright and airy photographs that you see all over instagram, pinterest, and the wedding blogs! It has classic & traditional decor, too, so it’s perfect for those classic & timeless weddings that we love so much!
Location 2: The Omni Severin Hotel
The Omni Severin Hotel is absolutely beautiful. There is so much natural light, the decor is simple, and we love this staircase! There’s also an outdoor awning to use in case of rain. Perks like having a rain plan at your getting ready location is something else you should look for when deciding where to get ready the morning of your wedding!
Location 3: The Alexander
The Alexander is our favorite getting ready location! We LOVE the white walls, abundance of natural light, and modern decor. This downtown location is close to tons of great outdoor photo locations, and has lots of indoor spaces to use, as well, if the weather is not so favorable on your wedding day!