2015 was a huge year for us and we want to document it here in this space and with you! It was a big year for us business-wise and personally, and this little blog seems like the perfect place to document it all so we can look back & reflect upon the year!
- We kicked off 2015 with a complete re-brand! The business name changed from Emily Weis Photography to Ivan & Louise in an effort to include James a bit more, have a name that reflected our brand a bit more, and also because come May 2015, I wouldn’t be Emily Weis anymore. 😉
- The winter was full of wedding planning, training and enjoying our new puppy, Ellie, and enjoying the off-season.
- We decided I would take the business full-time at the end of the school year (for those of you who don’t know, I used to teach kindergarten!), so my last day of work was 3 days before the wedding!
- We got married May 30th–the highlight of our year, for sure!
- Starting in June, I experienced being a photographer full-time. We couldn’t have made a better choice for us! It comes with it’s ups and downs, worries and delights, fear and confidence, but the lessons that all brings is more than worth it!
- In July, we went to visit our friends in Nasvhille, TN to celebrate James’ birthday!
- At the beginning of August, we took a wonderful vacation to Sanibel Island, Florida. What a glorious week that was!
- Mid-August I went to Houston, Texas with my brothers to visit my dad. We couldn’t believe we’ve never all three been down there at the same time in all the years he’s lived there! We had a blast and decided at that point that we must do a sibling trip every year!
- In September I took a fun calligraphy workshop here in Indy, we hosted our first day of mini-sessions in Chicago, and I photographed an event for Red Gold. We also listed our house for sale in an effort to get closer to Indianapolis.
- We started October off right with a cocktail party for wedding vendors in the Indy area! Definitely something we’ll be doing again. It was so great to connect, chat, and just enjoy each other’s company.
- In November, we had an offer on the house that eventually fell through, so putting a new roof on the house and staying put is in the plans for now! We traveled to Hilton Head Island to photograph Mackenzie & Ted’s absolutely gorgeous wedding weekend! We held more mini-sessions and mid-November went to Napa Valley California with my family! More on photos from the trip to come soon. We had a great Thanksgiving at home with both of our families.
- In December, we rounded out the year with 3 weddings and tons of sessions! James surprised me for my birthday with a dinner with lots of friends, we celebrated having Ellie for a year, and enjoyed James’ two week break from school + Christmas + New Years in Nashville!
In 2015 we photographed 26 weddings and 54 sessions (engagements, families, newborns, rehearsal dinners).
Wow! What a busy and joy-filled year it was for us! We are so thankful to have this business of ours! To each of our clients, thank you! Thank you for bringing so much joy to our lives. We love every single one of you and are thankful to have had the opportunity to meet you, get to know you, and photograph such special times in your lives.
Cheers to 2016!